Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Portraiture







I am a struggling photographer. I just can't seem to "see" things if that makes any sense. I worked on an extensive journalism project many years ago. I burned up so much film and messed up so many images in the darkroom that the project manager gave me the "photo editor" position since in the process of making so many mistakes, I had gained the most experience (according to him anyway).

Enter digital camera. I burn up the rechargable batteries with my many takes, but I am finally beginning to capture what I like to think is subject personality or essence once every 50 or so shots. Above are some recent ones.

1--McTempest and Carol 2--Trey and Tim 3--Sharon after knee surgery 4--Alley Cat ferry ride 5--Mike's temperamental mt bike 6--Chuck and BJ

1 comment:

Sofia L said...

Lovedd reading this thank you