Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back to the Farm


Did Poor Farm Spring Cup Sunday, my first race of the year. No one was acclimated to the first 80+ degree day of the year, but that made it even more interesting. I knew it was going to be hot , so for every sip of wine I drank celebrating my birthday the night prior, I would drink a glass of water. Seemed to help keep me in the race. I also credit my mechanic, Josh (above), because that Cannondale has never been so responsive and perfect on the trails.

Mt bike races make me feel so AWAKE and alive, like a hunted animal. That fizzled out on the drive home though, so I had to pull into a rest stop for a 15 minute NAP. (Woods Photos by JMK Photography)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Good onya Liz! MTBiking is definately tops in my books! And Josh is good stuff, Love me some Josh!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have done Poor Farm, but my mission this spring is to get out of Cat 5.
Speaking of Josh, I need to go see the man.

Rob said...

happy b-day, liz! i wish that i had made it out there- how'd you do? hear josh is riding mountain bikes these days-- maybe i'll give bmx a shot...maybe

Jim said...

Hey thanks for the kind words re: torpedoing the D-20 Carl Dolan flamewar. It's nice to be appreciated!

Good work in the race.