Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hands full

(below, Enhanced IC logo, stolen from Alisha Lion's blog and displayed here before Kevin gets ahold of it.)

I got to looking at the list of women registered for Iron Cross next weekend. None of those only-first-name-needed back country masters are registered yet. No Erin, Cara, Mandi, or Deidre.

So I googled those who are registered. Found out there is a Webcor/ Platimum pro road racer,
Alisha Lion, who also has a cool blog. Another racer and blogger, Alicia Parr, is an elite triathlete with a long ol’ list of top 3 finishes.

Another competitor, Eva G, won a 60-mile off road Paul’s Dirty Enduro in Ontario just last month. Equally scary is Jill W who was the 2005 Xterra Mid-Atlantic regional champ and who does Odyssey off-road tris on a regular basis. Looks as if Eva V does mostly on-road tris, the long ones of course. Then there is my own teammate Carol who keeps getting in secret cross miles behind my back. Shh--.

So it may need to just be Liz on Liz. I did 5:48 on a mt bike last year while in better climbing shape. However, I am using a cross bike this year, so that should compensate for slower climbing. I can subtract time for mental edge of knowing what is coming. So the goal is sub-5:40.

See some images from last year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz! Alisha L and I are looking forward to coming up and seeing the area. We drive up Friday. Can't wait to meet you!

Alicia P

Kevin said...

Liz, I took it!
.
Only cuz you said I would...

Kevin said...

Liz, awesome job today at the ironcross!!! You and Carol kicked ASS! I'm most proud and impressed
.
hot hands
.
red delicious
.
slow
.
what
.
Oh, and we beat everybody home. 460 was the ticket. We rolled the dice, and it was nice!

Liz Schleeper said...

Don't forget weak arms. . .

And don't talk about that drive home.

Very fun, thanks for taking care of things, ya know. I am still trying to remember that lips bit.